- Most media falsely portrayed Ferguson protests as riots and Mike Brown as a criminal
- Grand jury now has until JANUARY to decide whether to charge Darren Wilson (x) (x) (x) (x)
- Congresswoman Elanor H. Norton stands with Ferguson
- Ferguson teach-in tomorrow
- National labor leader says unions, like the nation, must confront racism
Praise for a Color
Yellow infers from itself papayas and their pulp,
At noon: bees, sweet stinger and honey.
Whole eggs and their nucleus, the ovum.
This interior thing, miniscule.
From the blackness of the blind viscera,
hot and yellow, the miniscule speck,
the luminous grain.
Yellow spreads and smooths, a downpour
of the pure light of its name,
Yellow turns on, turns up the heat,
a charmed flute,
an oboe in Bach.
|—||Marie Rutkoski, from The Winner’s Curse (via the-final-sentence)|
No matter what you say or what you do,when I’m alone I’d rather be with you,and fuck these other niggas I’ll be right be your side till 3005
|—||Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea (via whyallcaps)|
This may be the closest you’ll ever come to stepping inside a painting. Showing at the MOCA Pacific Design Center in Los Angeles until June 8 is one massive installation that consists of thousands of thin paper sheets hanging beautifully in mid-air. Artist Jacob Hashimoto combines traditional kite-making techniques and painting into sculptural environments to create the third and final edition of his series Gas Giant.
I trust the universe to bring me everything I need in the right time, context and order.